"The greatest feeling in the world is to win a major league game. The second-greatest feeling is to lose a major league game."
301 Grant Street
One Oxford Centre - 6th floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
*Main lobby-take glass elevators to the 4th floor. Follow River’s Club Signs to the private elevator. Take private elevator to 6th floor and you will find the “Chuck Tanner Banquet” as you step of the elevator.
Parking Fee - $5 weekend rate
$6 Forbes & Grant Lot (directly across the side street)
FORBES & GRANT LOT
403 GRANT STREET
PITTSBURGH, PA 15219
Surface Lot across the street from Oxford Center on Grant Street. Click here for more information!
5:30 pm Registration and Start of the Silent Auction
6:00 pm Cocktail Reception
7:00 pm Welcome
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Rotary Club of Pittsburgh Programs & Projects
Introduction of the Master of Ceremonies
7:15 pm Dinner and the start of the Live Auction
7:35 pm Banquet Program Begins
Your appetite, a giving spirit, your sparkling personality and of course your credit card.
- For the benefit of the Rotary Club of Pittsburgh’s sponsored charity-YouthWorks (reference; Rotary Local & International Service Projects for approval).
- For the benefit of all the local community, national and international projects identified by Pittsburgh Rotarians who have provided their time, talent and treasure to ensure successful and sustainable impacts for those in need (reference; Tanner Banquet Overview).
- Born and raised in New Castle Pennsylvania just outside of Pittsburgh
- Baseball career spanned 60 years, with 8 years as a player and 19 years as a major league manager
- Managed the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1977 through 1985
- In his 3rd season with the Bucs, he led the team to the World Series Championship – A Market Square rally followed with the theme "We Are Family"
- He is revered as optimistic leader who instilled confidence and inspired his players.
“This nationally recognized fundraising event benefits Rotary Club of Pittsburgh Service Projects and our featured charity,YouthWorks. As the only all-baseball awards dinner in the region, we work with the Pirates and others to promote local attendance. The prestigious awards ceremony will be emceed by Andrew Stockey and Jim Leyland will present the Lifetime Achievement Award to Lanny Frattare. It is a fun evening of baseball, live and silent auctions, and fellowship!”
Check them out HERE!
Chuck Tanner Lifetime Achievement Award
Lanny Frattare - For 33 years he was a play-by-play announcer for Major League Baseball's Pittsburgh Pirates, the longest such tenure in the team's history. -wikipedia.org
Honoree will be presented the award by former Pirates Manager - Jim Leyland
Chuck Tanner MLB Manager of the Year
Bob Melvin - "Bob's one of the best in the game and he's perfect for us," said Executive Vice President Billy Beane of the Oakland A’s.
Chuck Tanner Memorial Award
Jameson Taillon - Awarded to an individual who has had a significant positive impact on Pirates baseball over the past season.
Sally O' Leary Distinguished Women in Baseball Award
Sandy Dengler - Awarded to a woman who has made significant contributions to baseball.
Chuck Tanner College Coach of the Year Award
Jeff Duncan - of Kent State – 2018 Honoree whose work exemplifies the values that made Chuck Tanner a beloved manager.